Sri Ranganatha Swamy Temple
Sri Ranganatha Swamy Temple is the foremost of the eight self-manifested shrines (Swayam Vyakta Kshetras) of Lord Vishnu . It is also considered the first, foremost and the most important of the 108 main Vishnu temples (Divyadesams). This temple is also known as Thiruvaranga Tirupati, Periyakoil, Bhoologa Vaikundam, Bhogamandabam. In the Vaishnava parlance the term “KOIL” signifies this temple only. The temple is enormous in size. The temple complex is 156 acres in extent. It has seven prakaras or enclosures. These enclosures are formed by thick and huge rampart walls which run round the sanctum. There are 21 magnificent towers in all prakaras providing a unique sight to any visitor. This temple lies on an islet formed by the twin rivers Cauvery and Coleroon.
Sri Ranganatha Swamy Temple Travel Route
- Tiruchirappalli is well connected with Road, Rail and Air Routes
- Srirangam Temple is located 9 Km. from Tiruchirappalli Rail Junction
- Srirangam Temple is located 15 Km. from Tiruchirappalli Air Port
- Srirangam Temple is located 0.5 Km. from Srirangam Railway Station.
- “Rent a Car” facility is available from Trichy Railway Station / Bus Stand / Air Port.
- 24 / 7 Bus Services (Route No. 1) is available from Tiruchirappalli Railways Station / Central Bus Stop / Chatiram Bus Stop.
Sri Ranganatha Swamy Temple Pooja Schedule
Sri Ranganathar Sannathi Viswaroopa seva 06:00 to 07:15
Pooja time – ( No Darshan) 07:15 to 09:00
General Darshan Timings 09:00 to 12:00
Pooja time – ( No Darshan) 12:00 to 13:15
Darshan Timings 13:15 to 18.00
Pooja time – ( No Darshan) 18.00 to 18:45
Darshan Timings 18:45 to 21.00
No Darshan after 21.00 at Sanctum Sanctorum
Quick Seva – Rs.250/- per head.
Viswaroopa Seva – Rs.50/- per head.
General Entrance – in All Seva timings
* Timings are subject to change on Festival Days
Devotees may contribute towards Thirumanjanam for shrines of their choice on their prefered date by contributing the below mentioned amount.
The amount mentioned below is according to the present rate – Changes if any will be updated.
Contributions for this scheme can be sent along with details to the below mentioned address.
PrasadamsYour preferred Thirumanjanam booked dates may be altered by the administration due to the prevailing circumstances. Intimation will be sent to your email.For more details please send a mail to email@example.com.
1. You can send Cheque / DD / Payorder / Money order to:Favor of Sri Ranganathaswamy Temple, Srirangam.Payable at Trichy and send it
2. You can Directly Deposit the amount into our Indian Overseas Bank account
Details for Direct Deposit :For Annadhanam – Use Different Account Number
Thirumanjanam (New Rates Effective from 01/07/2012)
Sl.No Pooja Name Present Rate. Non – applicable days
1 Vairamudi Sevai 3,500/-
2 Hanumar Thirumanjanam 780/- Saturdays
3 Chakarathalwar Thirumanjanam 1075/- Saturdays
4 Singar Thirumanjanam 1750/- Saturdays
5 Dhanvanthri thirumanjanam 1200/- Thursdays & Saturdays
6 Thiruvellarai Arulmigu
The devotees may remit the amount 1 day in advance in the respective shrines to the staff incharge.The temple receipt will be issued immediately.
Sri Ranganatha swamy temple,Srirangam performing E-Services
Sriranganatha swamy temple official website for updated services visit e-services